The Hertfordshire and West Essex (HWE) Shared Care Record brings together information from the electronic records held by the different places you receive care. This allows health and care professionals to access a real-time summary of key information, safely and securely as they deliver care to you.
The Shared Care Record ensures that the people caring for you have up-to-date information when they need it. This will save time and support safer decisions about treatment and care. It will also help to prevent repeat investigations and reduce the need for you to repeat information each time you access services.
Only health and care professionals directly providing care to you are permitted to view the Shared Care Record. It is accessed over a secure network and data will not be stored outside of secure systems or used for planning or research purposes. It is not a portal for individuals to access their own records.
If you would like to know more about our overall approach to improving care by joining up health and care information, please visit the My Care Record website.
How is the Shared Care Record making a difference?
If you have one system, one care record, it’s just so much easier. It can save a lot of time and we can get the patient to where they need to be.
- Consultant Nurse, Out of Hours, HUC
Who is part of the Hertfordshire and West Essex Shared Care Record?
- GP practices in Hertfordshire and West Essex
- Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- HUC - who deliver Out of Hours services
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Peace Hospice Care
- The Hospice of St Francis
- St Clare Hospice
- Isabel Hospice
- Garden House Hospice Care
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Hertfordshire County Council
Connections outside of our Integrated Care System
Information is also available to/from the following organisations through connections to shared care records in neighbouring areas:
- All organisations who are part of the Suffolk and North East Essex Shared Care Record (Health Information Exchange), including:
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (currently Luton and Dunstable University Hospital only)
- Acute trusts and GPs who are sharing information as part of the London Care Record
This will make it easier for services to work together across boundaries and improve transfers of care.