Climate change and an unhealthy environment have a direct impact on our health and wellbeing. Poor environmental health can cause heart problems, mental health issues, asthma and cancer. The Greener NHS programme aims to create a National Health Service which reduces our organisations’ impact on the environment, leading to improvements in people’s health.
Our ICS partners are working together to reduce the carbon we produce and create a system which is resilient to climate change. We have a Hertfordshire and west Essex sustainability action plan which shows how we will work with local communities and our staff to reduce the environmental impact of healthcare services.
East NHS trust and Local Authority also has a green plan for their organisation, and these can be found via the links below:
- Hertfordshire County Council
- Essex County Council
- Hertfordshire NHS Community Trust
- Hertfordshire Partnership Foundation Trust
- East and North Herts Trust
- West Herts Hospitals Teaching NHS Trust
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- Essex Partnership University NHS Trust